Monday, August 28, 2006

Legislating Sin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, cricky moses! can someone pass me a pail to vomit in?

Rep. Harris: Church-state separation 'a lie'

"If you aren't electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin"

"Harris' campaign released a statement Saturday saying she had been "speaking to a Christian audience, addressing a common misperception that people of faith should not be actively involved in government."

If I might address that last comment. I don't know anyone who is lumbered by the idea that "people of faith" should not be actively involved in government. I think most reasonable intelligent people understand that idea of "seperation of church and state" does not mean a religious person should not be actively involved in government. It means that religious people should not legisilate their religion. It was intent of the founding fathers - most of who where deitiest, btw - not to start another Theocrisy.... something about the persecution at the hands of Cromwell and all that puritan rable, as I recall.

Good Lord, she just makes me phycially ill.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger RGBolen said...

I wonder how fast Ned Lamont is going to have her on a plane to Conn?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger A. said...

I don't get your comment. Please elucidate.

and Loren - she is so far wacked that even Jeb has cur her loose. I think she trails by like 30%.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Loren said...

Yeah, I noticed that the party seemed to be distancing themselves a bit. She just doesn't get it. She did her duty for them in 2000. She was supposed to disappear into the shadows after that.

THe Hamster said he read something (somewhere) where a Repub had said something to the effect of (which means I am paraphrasing and interpting something I heard 2nd hand) the party, in general, was screwed. They had made their deals and were now stuck with an administration that is crazy, and not really in line with the way most republicans actually think or what they want. But the are stuck with it for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home