Monday, July 31, 2006

Just to let everyone know I have not been out of the counrty lately

HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuban President Fidel Castrounderwent surgery for intestinal bleeding and delegated power provisionally to his younger brother Raul, the Cuban leader said in a statement read out on state television on Monday by an aide.

Castro, who turns 80 on August 13 and has led Cuba since a 1959 revolution, delegated his posts as first secretary of the ruling Communist Party, commander in chief of the armed forces and president of the executive council of state to Raul Castro, his brother and designated successor.

link

4 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger A. said...

so how's he doing? Did he leave you any instructions as to what to do in case he goes to that great cigar factory in the sky?

BTW - where have you been?

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger RGBolen said...

How's he doing? He's 79 with bleeding guts and under the knife!

Hopefully the Cuban people can rise up and take back their country if he goes soon. First a right wing dictator then a left wing dictator, I think they deserve freedom.

Where have I been? Trying to find more people with health issues to sell life insurance to, I need about 3,000 more an annual premium issued from this one company to qualify for a 4 day 3 night trip to Cancun. You don't know anyone with controled high blood pressure, diabites or such in Texas do you?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger A. said...

alas - no, I don't. Maybe you could spike the drinking water with Karo?

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Loren said...

Well, since I've been out of south for just over a week, I see I have things to catch up on. I was in the business center at the hotel when I saw the story on CNN. The guy in the center had it cranked up because his parent fled Cuba before he was born. He hinted at the fact that his parents found the prospect of Raul a little worrying.

So, have there been any Fidel sightings? I think he's dead. Remember the Russians made marrionettes out of their leaders, and stage photo opps. Fidel could have been dead for years. The CIA might have actually got him back in the 60's. The russians could have shared the "animate the dead" spell card with the cuban ruling party.

PS.
I have postcards for y'all, I just didn't get to mail them from Vegas. I was waiting to send them until I knew if we were staying an extra week. -- I didn't want to jinx anything. Sigh, Brian is still very disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home